Thursday, September 26, 2013

These couple of days i've been trying to finalize the various designs for the wedding, coupled with getting people to RSVP.

It's been really saddening thus far, to see the really ugly side of the wedding industry. All the vendors know how much that day will mean to you and because of that plain reason, they find ways and means to extort money from you. Let's say we're paying for something that's worth it, we can't complain much right? But these vendors have horrible customer service. 

What went on yesterday
Invites: Purple Cards
Everything started off well. Evelyn, the person-in-charge was pleasant, responded promptly, and answered every question well.
Fast forward a couple of months later when designs have been finalized. I sent them to her to check if the color, sizing, format, etc was ok. She answered other questions but not this. Mind you, i did repeatedly ask if the files were ok. No reply. We only went on about questions on other stuff, and of cos making of the deposit.

After deposit was made, lo and behold, my question had a reply!
This was what she said:
"I have seen the files.
I have a suggestion here.
I notice that you have a picture behind the boarding pass card, I'll suggest you to go for offset printing in order to have a good quality and higher resolution print out."
Of course she goes on to tell me how much i need to top up.
And i'm here going, "WTF?"



But i gave her a very simple reply "you could have told me before i made the deposit"




As vendors with years in the wedding industry, they SHOULD know that most brides have budgets to work within. Let's not even go into if i have a choice of getting my 50% deposit back?

The following emails detailed her saying she had to "see the cards before proposing a printing option". I don't know if some people think all brides or stupid or dumb or what, but i clearly DID her the files to her way before we started talking about money. Sigh.
She went on saying, "I have seen your file with picture, only then i suggest to go for offset. Hope you get this clear?

WOW, now i'm the one who is not clear about things. How awesome is this? #dumbfoundedwithamazement

All she could have said was, "I'm sorry, i only had time to open your file now and realised there was an image involved." DONE, SETTLED. I can accept this if business has kept you busy. But don't come and tell me your cock and bull argument lady.

This is just literally WTF in font size 100. Goodness man.

If you intend to go with them, please please don't assume anything. Ask about EVERYTHING - what kind of paper, printing device, charges, ADDITIONAL charges, color, envelope, just everything please. And my lesson learnt here: If they don't reply any question, probe on. Don't be nice and leave it hanging. This industry is full of bullies. Nice-ness does not get you very far.



Getting RSVPs; Friendship

Did you hear that it is on important days like this you will know how much you mean to a 'friend'?
Well, i'm getting there. I'm experiencing friendships that warm my heart and makes me smile, i'm also getting a taste of let-downs.

Let's talk about the good.
I've have always known Jennifer was a good friend. But through these planning days, i've just been touched by her in so many ways. She makes time to accompany me for gown-choosing, all the way to gown-fittings 1, and 2 and 3. She was willing to give up a long flight just so she can be my 'bangla' on day of the photoshoot. She gives wise and unbiased comments. She follows me to hunt for bridesmaid's dresses. All without a single word of complaint nor expectation of anything in return. :)
I just want to write this so i can read back here and remind myself of how much love you have showered upon me and only hope i can return this favour to you when your big day comes.
Thank you babe *HUGGGS*

Some other friends, on the other hand, can straight out tell me no i'm sorry i cannot attend your wedding without even as much as lift a finger to try.
Friend 1 said: "I have an event on that day". After a short convo, it suddenly became "My boss has informed me there will be a lot of events in December, so i don't want to promise you anything."
WOW. And i have known her since i was 13. That was painful.

Friend 2: "Sorry i can't make it on that day. I'm going _______.  Have been trying to liaise with the lady but haven't made any confirmations".
I chose to read this as "Sorry, i don't care enough for you to try and change the travel dates which have not been confirmed". Don't you think it's apt?
These friends don't appear for gatherings, fine. I can accept you are busy. But i used to think weddings are big events that made a difference. A day where people make time to gather, to meet up, to celebrate as one. But so far, i have been disappointed time, and again.

Ah, i guess weddings really do reflect friendships, doesn't it?

P/S: I will not deny i teared while writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment